By: Sahrudin – email@example.com
HELLO event hunters!
Below is a list of special occasions in Central Java’s municipalities and regencies:
Anniversary Dates of Local Governments:
- Magelang Municipality — April 11
- Magelang Regency — March 22
- Temanggung Regency — November 10
- Wonosobo Regency — July 24
- Purworejo Regency — October 5
- Kebumen Regency — January 1
- Banyumas Regency — April 6
- Banjarnegara Regency — August 22
- Cilacap Regency — March 21
- Purbalingga Regency — December 18
- Pati Regency — August 7
- Kudus Regency — September 23
- Jepara Regency — April 10
- Blora Regency — December 11
- Rembang Regency — July 27
- Pekalongan Regency — August 25
- Pekalongan Municipality — April 1
- Batang Regency — April 8
- Tegal Regency — May 18
- Tegal Municipality — April 12
- Brebes Regency — January 18
- Pemalang Regency — January 24
- Semarang Municipality — May 2
- Semarang Regency — December 20
- Salatiga Municipality — July 24
- Kendal Regency — July 28
- Demak Regency — March 28
- Grobogan Regency — March 3
- Klaten Regency — July 28
- Boyolali Regency — June 5
- Wonogiri Regency — May 19
- Sukoharjo Regency — July 15
- Sragen Regency — May 27
- Surakarta Municipality — February 16
- Karanganyar Regency — November 18
Festival Lima Gunung, literally Five Mountains Festival, as Magelang is surrounded by five mountains. This is a cultural celebration occurs once a year, between May and July in different locations in Magelang Regency.
The biennial Magelang Arts Event, between May and July. The next event will be held in 2016.
The five-year (quinquennial) Borobudur International Festival, in Magelang Regency, usually in June and Junly. The next festival will be held in 2017.
Nyadran, takes place annually, and can be carried out either individually or in a group. It is a tradition for welcoming Ramadhan (fasting) month. It is performed by some Muslims in many places in provinces of Central and East Java.
Saparan, occurs every Sapar, the second month in the Javanese calendar. The tradition is said to have been conducted since the end of the Majapahit kingdom in the 14th century.
Vesak holiday, celebrated by Buddhists; and the event’s peak takes place in Mendut and Borobudur temple, Magelang Regency.
The Dieng Culture Festival. This annual event usually occurs in June, in Dieng Plateau of Wonosobo and Banjarnegara Regency.
***There are always various arts and culture events to celebrate a municipality or regency’s anniversary.
***There are still many events to be held regularly in other municipalities and regencies in Central Java.
***I would be glad to include additional events, or to correct misinformations.